Detroit, MI – May 14, 2019 – Senvol will be exhibiting and speaking at the annual RAPID + TCT Conference next week. RAPID + TCT is North America’s preeminent event for discovery, innovation, and networking in additive manufacturing, and hosts one of the most experienced and influential communities in additive manufacturing technologies.
The RAPID + TCT Conference will take place from May 20-23, 2019 at the Cobo Center in Detroit, MI. Visit Senvol at Booth #849.
Senvol President Annie Wang will be speaking on “Machine Learning to Link Processing Parameters, In-Situ-Data, Material Properties and Performance in Powder Bed Fusion AM.” Joining her for the presentation will be Allison Beese, who is Assistant Professor of Materials Science and Engineering and Mechanical Engineering at Penn State University. This presentation showcases the machine learning software that Senvol is developing for the U.S. Navy and will focus on actual results that have been achieved. This presentation will showcase use of the AM machine learning software, Senvol ML, to:
- Predict material performance directly from process parameter inputs and in-situ monitoring data;
- Reduce or eliminate the need for CT scanning;
- Minimize the cost of characterizing an AM material or machine by leveraging previously gathered data;
- Extract insights from in-situ monitoring data (e.g. high resolution photos, photodiode data, videos of the melt pool);
- Utilize hybrid modeling, whereby physics-based simulated data and empirical data can be analyzed together; and
- Generate AM data as efficiently as possible.
Wang and Beese’s presentation will be on Tuesday, May 21 from 3:00pm-3:25pm in the AM Technical Insights Forum.
To learn more about the RAPID + TCT Conference, please visit its website.
To book Senvol for a speaking engagement, contact us.
To view more Senvol news stories, click here.